Australia’s newest event for Classic Cars
A Round of the MRF South Australian Rally Championship
A Round of the South Australian Regularity Series
A Round of the East Coast Classic Rally Series (2WD/4WD)
We are delighted that the Rally of the Heartland will return in 2024 – with naming rights sponsor Shannons Insurance continuing into a second year, and all our other partners continuing to support us.
LAZER High Performance Lighting joins the sponsor panel with new awards for night stages.
It will again be a competitive event of 500 kilometres based in Burra and the mid north, and will include a “ride” day as a feature.
It is planned for the 26th, 27th and 28th of April 2024, and the competition will run on the Friday, Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday. Friday will see the running of 3 prologue stages, which will count towards the results.
The Event will be open to Classic Rally Cars (C1-C4) and other Rally Cars accepted as being suitable for the Event by the Organisers. We want to make it as easy as possible to enter and manage the requirements of scrutineering and documentation.
- Naming rights sponsor is SHANNONS INSURANCE.
- Long night stages in full darkness, full fee entrants only
- Easy liaisons.
- Service Park is in Burra at Paxton Square and Burra Community School.
- Minimum time away from home, but near 500 competitive kms in total.
- No local testing, no recce. This is a “blind” event. It is a road book only rally.
- Regional Scrutiny is allowed/encouraged across the board with spot checks during the event
- RallySafe is mandatory for all cars
- Five MIVs will be in attendance, covering all stages accordingly
- Parc fermé for the SARC competitors only
- Entries limited to 75 – a starting spot can be reserved by a payment of $300 inc tax, which would be deducted from the
entry fee, and is not refundable.
- There is an invitational and a regularity category, and opportunity to compete in various sections of the event only
- New award of a Senior and Junior plate has been added
There is a wide range of accommodation available in the region including Paxton Square cottages (step out of your room into your service area!), Paxton Square Caravan Park, Hotel accommodation in Burra as well as lots of wonderful guest houses in the area. There is also camping available at the Burra Showgrounds. For further details, refer https://www.visitburra.com/accommodation/ and https://bookburra.guestybookings.com/
Remember that all our sponsors help to make this event possible, so please buy their products and use their services whenever you can. Shannons Insurance, Boileau Business Technology, MSS Safety, Black Nitro, Southcott Hydraulic Systems and Creative Cardboard all support us in many ways.
Goyder Council and Northern Areas Council, and the residents of the region provide valued support and enthusiasm, and we thank them sincerely.
Many local organisations are also supporting us and allowing us into their community. If you intend to buy groceries, snacks, top up the tow car etc. please do so locally and let people know you are with the rally.
Remember that our event is also made possible through some 250+ volunteer officials. Give them a thank you, a smile, and a wave whenever you encounter them.
Note too, that we like to be unfailingly pleasant in all our interactions with everybody. It is a mantra for us, and I hope will be for all involved.
Rally SA has a YouTube channel now. On it are a lot of videos from the recent Shannons Rally SA – Rally of the Heartland, some featuring Colin Clark Rally, and some training videos featuring Rozy Fisher.
You can find them here:- https://www.youtube.com/@rallyofsa/videos
Check it out, lots of cool content to see. There is a subscribe button on the page at top right – hit SUBSCRIBE, and keep up with new videos as we do them.
Rally Director / Clerk of Course
Shannons Rally SA – Rally of the Heartland – 26-28 April 2024
Round of the South Australian Rally Championship
Round of the East Coast Classic Rally Series
Unit 6, 22 Ware Street THEBARTON SA 5031
mobile 0418 834 311
email [email protected]