Australia’s newest event for Classic Cars
Round 2 of the MRF South Australian Rally Championship
We are delighted to announce that the Rally of the Heartland will return in 2022 – with naming rights sponsor, AGL Energy and all our other partners continuing to support us and still featuring windfarm stages. These are exciting, challenging and very technical stages that provide un-paralleled competition, and are unique in Australia.
It will again be a competitive event of near 500 kilometres based in the World’s End /Hallett/Burra/Terowie area.
It is planned for the 3rd, 4th and 5th of June 2022, and the competition will run on the Friday afternoon and evening, Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday
The Event will be open to Classic Rally Cars (C1-C4) and all other Rally Cars accepted as being suitable for the Event by the Organisers. We offer categories that will cater for a broad range of competition vehicles, and will make it as easy as possible to enter and process the requirements of scrutineering and documentation
- Naming rights sponsor is again AGL Energy, for the 4th year now
- Long 80+ km night stage in full darkness, full fee entrants only
- Service Park is in Burra at Paxton Square and on the Burra Community School Oval
- Minimum time away from home, but over approximately 500 competitive kms in
- No local testing, no This is a “blind” event. It is a road book only rally.
- Regional Scrutiny is allowed/encouraged across the board, spot checks during the event
- RallySafe is mandatory for all cars
- Six MIVs will be in attendance, covering all stages
- Entries limited to 70 – a starting spot can be reserved by a payment of $200 nomination fee, which is deducted from the entry fee, and is non-refundable – see Art 2
- There is a regularity category, run in daylight on the Saturday and Sunday only
- Senior and junior plates will be awarded for the first time
There is a wide range of accommodation available in the region including Paxton Square cottages (step out of your room into your service area!), Paxton Square Caravan Park, Hotel accommodation in Burra as well as lots of wonderful guest houses in the area. There is also free camping available at the Burra Showgrounds. For further details, refer to https://www.visitburra.com/accommodation
Remember that all our sponsors help to make this event possible, so please buy their products and use their services whenever you can. AGL Energy, Lightforce Performance Lighting, Shannons Insurance, Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd, Boileau Business Technology, and Artcraft all support us in many ways.
The Regional Council of Goyder and Northern Areas Council, and the residents of the region provide valued support and enthusiasm, and we thank them sincerely.
Many local organisations are also supporting us and allowing us into their community. If you intend to buy groceries, snacks, top up the tow car etc. please do so locally and let people you know you are with the rally.
Remember too that our event is also made possible through some 250+ volunteer officials. Give them a thank you and a smile and a wave whenever you encounter them
Please note that we will go out of our way to get out of your way by running the most relaxed event in Australia.
Note too, that we like to be unfailingly pleasant in all our interactions with everybody. It is a mantra for us, and I hope will be for all involved.
Visit Burra is the official tourism site for Burra, Eudunda, and the Goyder Region – part of the Clare Valley Tourism Region.
Our region is a delightful getaway only a couple of hours from Adelaide. There’s something for everyone here, whether you’re coming for a day trip, a weekend or a longer stay.
Photographers get your camera’s ready we’ve got the most amazing scenery and historical places to photograph and visit in South Australia.
Indulge your taste buds, from bakery to pub grub, you will find food in Burra that will make you want to keep coming back for more.
Stay with us with for accommodation options to suit all budgets.
Ivar Stanelis / Clerk of the Course
Australia’s newest Event for Classic Cars